Thursday 1 August 2013

Learning to be beautiful.

I've never written a post like this before, it's not going to be about a payday product I've been longing to get, or my excitement over my new Mom jeans. It's about learning to be beautiful again.

I'm not really an emotional girl, I'm happy to listen, but I'm awful at advice, and when I'm sad I'll hole myself up in my room and not emerge for days on end.

Recently I've had to be human, which is why I've been away from SDT for so long, too long. Unfortunately, my better half and I broke up, we're still on good terms and have promised to be friends in the future, but in the meantime, I'm having to learn to live life without him, and after six years, that's probably the most difficult thing I've ever done.

Few people are content with who they are, what they're doing and where they're going, and it's important to learn to love ourselves before we can love others, and expect them to love us, otherwise there will either be this little devil, niggling away in the back of your head, which prevents you from living your days the way you really want to. 

When you're next having a bit of a rough week, take some time out to remember why you love yourself, and if you don't know, then it's time to change a few things.

Often we spend so long in relationships, whether it be with your family or other half or friends, that we begin to take them for granted, make sure you remember the exact reasons why you love them, and go out of your way to do something nice for them, send them a kind text, meet them for lunch buy them a small gift, without a doubt they'll appreciate it. 

It's not a crime to mope for a bit when bad things happen, sometimes we need to realise that crying and remembering are good ways to deal with it, we need to grieve to move on. Find someone to talk to, and if you don't have anyone to talk to, or don't want to talk to someone who's close to you, look in to finding someone impartial that can listen. And remember, you're not sick, you're getting better.

I like to imagine future me, like this really awesome super Sherry who's teaching creative writing, or writing for a magazine, happily married and travelling, with a cute little one bedroom apartment, and I think I have to go through these sad times to get to that point. And even if things change, it'll be okay because I'll love myself and be prepared for whatever life has to throw at me.

So I'm going to take some time out from blogging for a couple of weeks. I'm going to Estonia and Russia anyway, perhaps getting out of the country and seeing some new beautiful culture will help to clear my head. Until then, enjoy the sunshine and take care of yourselves.

Love always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sherry Darling's Things | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012